Friday, November 18, 2005

Return of the chics!

 

No I did not mis-spell the word chicks, and I am no where talking of women, though that is one of my fav topics, but hey.. this is serious stuff.

Chics (the Bamboo blinds) have caught on the rage in the upper middle class homes as the in thing for window blinds, in place of curtains. With the new variants of block printed, color coordinated these do make your home look good, for a long time I had these hanging in my office as well, but then I went overboard, and got mauve colored curtains in place.

My last browsing session to inhabitat (for those of you reading my blog for the nth time, know that I like this site quite a bit), I saw a very functional and practical design, called the Re:Form Energy Curtain.

What is interesting about this is that the Energy Curtain is a window shade woven with solar-collecting and light-emitting materials that store sunlight during the day and emit it at night.

Interested, read more at Inhabitat

G

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
Writings by Gagandeep Singh Sapra by Gagandeep Singh Sapra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.thebiggeek.com | www.gagandeepsapra.com | www.g-spot.in.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.thebiggeek.com.