Sunday, June 11, 2006

Move Over Wave Radio - Your Turn is Over



Bose, undeniably makes the best sound. Ever since I heard one of their demos 10 ~ 15 years back, I am a big fan of theirs.. but sadly, everytime I went to buy one for myself, I came out thinking.. hmm... that is expensive.

My last such trip was to buy the Bose Wave Radio, I did not want to shell out Rs. 39,000 for a CD Player.. Though however good it may sound, no.. this was not the budget. I ended up buying something lousy.. but well it not only plays CD's, but can do more.

While browsing the internet, I came across the iSonic from Polk Audio, which to me looks like, will move the Bose Wave Radio out of it's realm.

Polk may not have the same speaker design technology as the Bose guys, but what Polk has done is something we used to do when we were in college, Want Surround sound, and have a basic amplifier, put the left and right speakers in the front, and put another left and right speakers at the back of the room, so you had four speakers, and Great surround sound. No processor, no DSP, nothing, just a bare basic rig to give you high quality Surround Sound.

Polk has taken this to the next level, and the iSonic seems interesting. It plays CD's, VCD's, DVD's (Yes you can connect it to your TV too), AM/FM Radio, XM Radio Ready - Though not an interesting option for us in India, and a Dual Alarm Clock, yes 2 Alarms, one to wake you up to the radio and the other to wake you up to a CD.. for a lazy guy like me...this is the Auto Snooze Reinvented.

Now.. the price tag of 599$ is something that i think i will need to relook at.. Waiting to get this to test.. Go check out the site.

And NO I dont' know when we will get this in India.

G

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
Writings by Gagandeep Singh Sapra by Gagandeep Singh Sapra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.thebiggeek.com | www.gagandeepsapra.com | www.g-spot.in.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.thebiggeek.com.