Monday, June 12, 2006

The First Contendor (Hunt for the Perfect Candy Bar - Non Smart)



The First Contendor, Samsung X700. Well the phone looks nice, as a business phone too. The black with silver accents really looks cool. The plastic has a bit cheaper feel to it, but something you can get used to. First thing I notice is Samsung has gotten rid of the ep pin connector for the headphones, and switched to mini USB (I wonder why), the good part, you have a slider to cover this slot, unlike earlier samsung phones which had a rubber / plastic cover that you could place back on the connector.

The image quality looks nice, but our friendly shop keeper will not let me try the mp3 player and or the camera, I wonder why. I ask him about the features and get the full low down, But hey.. I notice, he does not know, and neither does Samsung talk about, whether the phone is business card sms compatible. I check with a few friends, no it is not. Good phone, but misses out a crucial feature in today's date. Anyway, I investigate further, the phone really looks cool and nice

I like the fact that this phone has an external card slot, that means you can take the card out without switching off the phone. The shop keeper tells me, that this is a hotswap slot, i.e like server hard disks, you can take the card out while the phone is on, now that is cool.

The phone is 95 Grams, but feels light. Curvy body and very attractive. The phone supports GPRS Class 10 data service, and no EDGE. so for me, this is a No No.. Dropped..

Next Contendor, wait for tommorow.

G

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
Writings by Gagandeep Singh Sapra by Gagandeep Singh Sapra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.thebiggeek.com | www.gagandeepsapra.com | www.g-spot.in.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.thebiggeek.com.