Monday, June 12, 2006

The Hunt for the Perfect Candy Bar (Non Smart) Phone Begins



Around this time last year, my Nokia 6600 smart phone started acting up on me, it had got one of those newbie Bluetooth viruses, and Nokia India was not able to do much about it, that I vouched not to use a smart phone any more. I personally also prefer the Candy bar format than anything else.

My Basic requirements in a phone are, Color Screen - To see incoming MMS Messages, The Cability to put multiple reminders, Long Talk time (atleast 3 hours), EDGE/GPRS for Data on the Road, Bluetooth for My Bluetooth Handsfree, Send and Recieve Business Cards, Speakerphone and Simple straight forward interface.

If it has a voice recorder, voice dialing, they are good features, but not something that I have to have. The Phone that met this criteria last year, was the Nokia 6021, and it has been a great phone till now, till it's speakerphone started acting up. I have realised, with a total talk time of 393:44 Hours, it is nearing it's end of life with me. So now the search for a Perfect Candy Bar phone, begins. The Current Contendors, Nokia 6320i (The Camera is now a bundle I can't get rid of), Samsung X700, and more and more that come my way. So watch this space carefully, and let us unfold, if NON SMART, CANDY BAR, phones are the way to be, and which one to buy.

G

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
Writings by Gagandeep Singh Sapra by Gagandeep Singh Sapra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.thebiggeek.com | www.gagandeepsapra.com | www.g-spot.in.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.thebiggeek.com.