Saturday, January 24, 2009

Why Choosing your Web Host is important

I have a Gmail account, I think most of us do, it's made our lives simpler, I envy Gmail (ahem Google) to have made this brilliant an email client, and at times wonder, if email hosting will make revenues for System3 going in the future, but as long as people need support, and feel any free system is bad, we can still live with our services.

Anyway, some of you would have heard of the (yet again) Plastic Bag Ban in Delhi, while browsing through Gmail today morning, I came across the following ad



And I clicked it, why - Two Reasons, 1. I found the Ad funny, 2. I wanted to this post for sometime.. Now you must be wondering why and how this is related

I run A Hosting Company, incorrect, I run a data center, and when we see customers design their web applications, the web designer is all but bothered about one thing, cost of hosting.

Take for Example Kurkure.in ( A Pepsico company ), they chose the right host, the host is Net4India, I have nothing against them, though people have told horror stories, but then people tell horror stories about any hosting company they have worked with, but here, I think, the people who made the site, did not design the server well.

1. You place an Ad on Gmail, you pay x amount to Gmail to show that Ad
2. Someone clicks, and if the ad is on adwards, a lot of people click
3. You choose cheap hosting, shared, limited bandwidth, limited resources, and what is the end result

Page takes atleast 2 minutes to load, what is the end result

I saw the ad, but not the site. Why, Choose the Right host people. Spend Time with the hosting company (sorry, with the IDC Providers, and not hosting resellers), to size your hosting properly, make sure you have a plan, that helps you grow, helps you cater to the traffic, and shared hosting for something like Kurkure (hey, get rid of Kareena Kapoor, save on that budget, and pay for your hosting), or stop advertising online.. stick to regular mass media.. Tv rules man.

G

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
Writings by Gagandeep Singh Sapra by Gagandeep Singh Sapra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.thebiggeek.com | www.gagandeepsapra.com | www.g-spot.in.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.thebiggeek.com.