Saturday, May 06, 2006

Lights Out : We are Going to the Dogs !

A few days back I was sitting with a friend of mine, who was speaking about how he is being troubled by the Income Tax Department, on why his Total Tax paid has become less than half of what he was filling till now, his answer, I dont' have roads, I dont' have electricity, I dont' have water, my customers dont' want to come to India, and work with me. How Will I keep paying the same tax, when my Revenue is going down.

The Answer from the Income Tax Department, "Sir this is not our department, you need to speak to Ministry of Power, Ministry of Roads, and What not, but you need to pay your tax, or else, we need to check your books"

This person, is planning to leave the country.

5 Years back, my brother in law also left the country and migrated to Canada, why, same reasons, you pay taxes (I believe if I was to work out the total, out of each Rupee Earned, 60 to 70 Paise Go into Taxes, with FBT, TDS, VAT, Entertainment Tax, Service Tax, so your Rupee is worth 30 or 40 Paise actually, with the rising expenses, and the cost of living going up, the 30 or 40 paise you have today, will be worth 20 paise in an years time.. so where are we headed ?).... No bijli, no paani (No Electricity, No Water) No safety net for a business entreprenuer, so where is the country headed.

Today, I have the same feeling. I run a 24x7 Operation and am one of the smallest companies in Delhi doing it.. Anyone who is my size, or maybe say 20% larger than me, is not in to 24x7, so today's announcement by Delhi Government TOI, Indian Express, the Delhi Government says.. If you work.. You will be fined.. we will shut down your office.. we will shut down your factory..

So Dear people in the ministry, If I falter on my taxes, or If anyone suffers a lower earning, will the Income Tax Department give a discount, that we did not have power, and we were not allowed to work..

2010 Games, then Olympics.. then.. this then that... ha ha ha.. dogs.. yes dogs.. we have to goto them.

:(

G

1 comments:

The Big Geek said...

Update: 6 May 2006, 18:30 PM, News on NDTV.COM

"
Meanwhile, Delhi Traders say that Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has assured them that shops do not have to be closed at 7:30 pm (IST).

"There is no formal notification on closing the shops at 7:30 pm. It is just a suggestion on how we can conserve power," said Pravin Khandelwal, President, Traders' Association.

"The chief minister has requested us to cut down on our consumption. Even the talk of closing shops for an entire day is just a recommendation," added Khandelwal.

On Friday, Delhi Power Minister Harron Yusuf had ordered closure of shops by 7:30 pm. "

Thank God

Creative Commons License
Writings by Gagandeep Singh Sapra by Gagandeep Singh Sapra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.thebiggeek.com | www.gagandeepsapra.com | www.g-spot.in.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.thebiggeek.com.