Monday, October 31, 2005

Something for your Toddlers !!



When I was 3, I was entrusted with the care of my younger brother. With my mom doing her education, and her research at the same time, I had to take charge. I was too young to know what to do when, so my mom taught me to read the clock, the small hand at 3 meant, I had to feed my brother, the small hand at 5 meant, mom will be home anytime, those were simple days, mom and dad were out for a fixed amount of time, socializing meant, you take your kids along, baby sitters were not an in thing.

Now I look at my sister, with her two sweet little daughters, the elder one though is a brat at times, but she has to entrust her 3 year old to look after her baby sister. This device is neat, and i think you will find it of utility too. I dont know if it's going to be available here in India, but JIC...

The Buddy Bear Phone is actually a handset being aimed at kids between 3 and 10 years old, with the ability to call just four pre-programmed phone numbers or send a pre-programmed SMS (we don’t want kids making up their own SMS messages, now do we?) to four different people. To make sure parents have full control of the bear, it can be remotely controlled with a PIN number in case it’s lost or stolen and even turned into a makeshift remote baby monitor, so you can eavesdrop on your child’s conversation.


Retailing at about 130 Euros or Rs. 9000 this is an expensive, but I think a useful buy. Available both in Pink and Blue, sadly it's just a Dual band phone, but then that can work with major networks here in India.

[Available at], via [Gizmodo]

G

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
Writings by Gagandeep Singh Sapra by Gagandeep Singh Sapra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.thebiggeek.com | www.gagandeepsapra.com | www.g-spot.in.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.thebiggeek.com.