Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Megapixel War continues - Introducing the FZ30 from Panasonic




I am sorry vikas, well yes I am. He called me a few days back for a good deal on a camera and I pointed him to the FZ20, well in less than a fortnight the FZ30 is here, and it is a drool machine. I have sadly not put one to test as yet, as It just got available on the underground in India, but here are some specs for all you megapixel wannabe's.

Effective Megapixels: 8.0, 12x optical zoom (equivalent to 35mm to 420mm on a 35mm film camera), and MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) the Panasonic's much touted helper.

It has 5 Autofocus modes, and if you still think you need more, it features a ring that lets you manually adjust the focus from 0.98 feet (0.3m) to infinity.

The interesting part is the free-Angle 2.0" Diagonal High-Resolution LCD monitor that you can turn anyway you like, thus giving you a flexibility to catch a high angle shot over a crowd.

Priced about Rs. 30,000 on the Gray market.. .I think this is a great buy.

G

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
Writings by Gagandeep Singh Sapra by Gagandeep Singh Sapra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.thebiggeek.com | www.gagandeepsapra.com | www.g-spot.in.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.thebiggeek.com.