Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Is Vista the ME2 - Well A lot of people think so

I am asked by quite a few of my colleagues, on why I took a decision to move to Linux. Being a company that is a Partner of Microsoft, as well as supports Microsoft Technologies at the Customer end, I myself prefer to use a Linux Desktop, well I wanted to get out of the rat race of upgrades, new versions, better improved free gift inside stories that large software companies were putting us through.

A few days back in a discussion with a customer, and a close friend, I told him that the move to Vista was not really a wise one on the corporate level, though he disagreed, but I generally think that each time MS put's out a new version of it's OS, one should wait and watch.

Dell, the culprit in moving our friend to Vista, has now gone back to selling Windows XP again. I remember the day Windows XP came out, and people started upgrading to XP from 98, we faced similar delima's, the problem with Drivers, networks not working, issues related to user training, and we see it again.

My Question, is this another Windows-ME, think about it !

GS

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
Writings by Gagandeep Singh Sapra by Gagandeep Singh Sapra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.thebiggeek.com | www.gagandeepsapra.com | www.g-spot.in.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.thebiggeek.com.