Friday, March 27, 2009

If God had a name, what would it be ?

I watched Dear God today morning and found it to be very interesting, a few questions that the movie leaves me thinking, and I like that. The Joan Osbourne Song, If God was one of us, in the movie made me think, can you call this Song a Sufi Song ?

Recently an interview of A.R. Rahman after his winning of the Golden Globe, I was a little surprised (not any more) when the Radio Jockey announced that we have a Sufi in between us, more readings on Rahman and his way of working revealed, how he looks at each song, as the song of God, though you can interpret a song, book, talk in any manner, but if you can interpret God in it, I think you can be called a Sufi.

I am left with lyrics, in my mind from an Indian Ocean Song


Hei tamasha yeh kya
Kyoon tu gum mein zara
kar muhabbat fakiri
Ho bharam se judaa
Hei tamasha yeh kya
kaun bura ya bhala
sab mein aks uska basa
Mei ko chod de ruh se jod le kar jayega paar...


If God had a name, what would it be ?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the song. It depicts what will happen if God was one of us. We need God in all aspects of our lives and calling Him other names is not an issue for me but rather a personal feelings that need to be nurtured.

Creative Commons License
Writings by Gagandeep Singh Sapra by Gagandeep Singh Sapra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.thebiggeek.com | www.gagandeepsapra.com | www.g-spot.in.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.thebiggeek.com.